"The Pankhursts... when they turned up and took to the stage, girls would swoon."
A Year of Revolution
100 years on, Woman's Hour takes a look at the year 1913 and what it meant to the suffrage movement both in the UK and abroad. Jenni Murray is joined by a panel of experts, as they discuss why the year before World War broke out was a revolutionary one for the women's movement.
Available since: Fri 26 Jul 2013
Recent highlights, interviews and special features
More clips from Woman's Hour
- Social Kissing Duration: 02:28 Women bishops; Schools and mental health; Parks; Social kissing
- Introverts and Extroverts Duration: 05:21 Caroline Criado-Perez, Laura Bates, Allegra McEvedy's perfect hangover food
- Cook the Perfect Pad Thai Noodles Duration: 09:50 Zoologist Lucy Cooke; Film Director Deborah Perkin; The perfect Pad Thai noodles.
- What is Empathy? Duration: 10:00 Keira Knightley; Lowering Cholesterol; Staying Sane
- Hillary Clinton: ‘I want to see a woman in the White House’ Duration: 00:43 Hillary Clinton