Cave scientist Penny Boston: Why I hugged a hot mega-crystal. Photo by M. Spilde
Penny describes her emotional reaction to having to leave the Naica cave system in Mexico, where the largest crystals on earth dwell in 50 degrees centigrade heat, 300 metres underground.
Available since: Thu 25 Jul 2013
More clips from The Forum
- What Gandhi learned from the vegetarians as a young man in 1880’s London: Photo credit: Hulton Archive/ Getty Duration: 00:52 Co-operation
- Is fortune-telling the way to make your fortune in Hong Kong? Duration: 01:48 Making it Big in Hong Kong: A Matter of Good Fortune?
- Hong Kong, a small political and linguistic ‘island’ next to a continental giant:how does this shape the Hong Kongers’ mindset? Duration: 04:17 Hong Kong: A Blueprint for all China?
- Writers shouldn’t censor their ideas for fear of being misunderstood. Photo by Neilsen Barnard/Getty Images Duration: 00:48 Advantage
- Film expert Dr Lucy Bolton: how horror films manipulate our body and mind.… Photo by: Tsuno/AFP/Getty Images. Duration: 00:40 Fear