Cave scientist Penny Boston: Why I hugged a hot mega-crystal. Photo by M. Spilde
Penny describes her emotional reaction to having to leave the Naica cave system in Mexico, where the largest crystals on earth dwell in 50 degrees centigrade heat, 300 metres underground.
Available since: Thu 25 Jul 2013
More clips from The Forum
- ‘Solitude is a condition best enjoyed in company.’ Duration: 01:02 Solitude
- A fluffy lambs-tail of a cloud ... Photo credit: Cassander Eeftinck Schattenkerk Duration: 00:51 Uncharted
- How do medical counterfeiters get away with it? Duration: 01:02 Counterfeiting
- The value of the wandering mind. Photo: Gabriel Bouys/AFP/Getty Images Duration: 00:55 Spontaneity
- Are workers condemned to a lifetime of toil? Photo courtesy of Getty Images Duration: 01:23 Social mobility: are we too complacent?