Paramedics in Northamptonshire say up to two-thirds of their call outs are to non-emergencies.
Reporter Elinor Cross went out overnight with an ambulance team and observed their shift through until the early hours of the morning. Elinor hears from the ambulance crews, while Stuart talks to Northamptonshire paramedic Alan Brooks, to Karlie Thompson, who is responsible for Northamptonshire and Leicestershire for East Midlands Ambulance Service, and to Lyndsey Wallis, the Chief Executive of the 111 service for Northamptonshire.
* a serious accident, involving a tractor and three lorries, closes the A14 near Kettering
* Northamptonshire County Council is half way through the programme of replacing every single one of its street lights
* the University of Northampton is in the top 50 of all Higher Education institutions in the country when it comes to student satisfaction, according to the Student Survey
* reporter Willy Gilder meets Superintendent Mick Stamper, the new Commander of Police for Northampton
* the 90th anniversary of the biggest boat strike ever seen in Britain on the Braunston stretch of the grand union canal
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.