Unused medicines: "GPs are the ones that sign the form"
Carol Ketchley from Hertfordshire says that when her father died, she found 11 carrier bags of unused prescription medication in his house. A goverment report found that £300m of prescription medication is thrown away each year.
Available since: Mon 22 Jul 2013
£300m of prescription drugs are thrown away each year. Hear from doctors and campaigners.
More clips from 22/07/2013
More clips from 5 live Breakfast
- What's Wrong with Sugar? Duration: 01:34 Your Call, 05/05/2014
- Parents of Down's Syndrome twins: "Everyday is joyful" Duration: 03:25 Your Call, 21/03/2014
- Kate Bush's first live concerts for 35 years Duration: 02:59 21/03/2014
- Spamming Shakespeare Duration: 02:56 21/03/2014
- Peter Lawrence on his daughter Claudia Duration: 03:01 20/03/2014