Greek treasures threatened by austerity
Visitor numbers to Greece's historic sites are up - but so are thefts of ancient Greek antiquities as the economic crisis continues to bite.
Since 2009, the illegal trade in these ancient treasures has risen by 30%.
Fast Track's Theopi Skarlatos joined a police operation to crack down on the thefts and discovered the finances of some museums is now so poor they can't afford to pay their energy bills, let alone lay on extra security staff.
Available since: Fri 19 Jul 2013
More clips from 20/07/2013 GMT
More clips from Fast Track
- Taking the Mallakhamb yoga challenge Duration: 01:29 08/02/2014 GMT
- Indian drivers urged to stop honking horns Duration: 02:17 08/02/2014 GMT
- What will 2014 mean for travel? Duration: 01:30 14/12/2013 GMT
- Looking back on the travel headlines of 2013 Duration: 06:31 14/12/2013 GMT
- How a cheap business class ticket could leave you grounded Duration: 04:05 14/12/2013 GMT