Extract from the first episode of reality history series, Coal House, where the reality TV genre is introduced along with the families taking part. The families enter the miners' cottages for the first time, with the initial focus on the lack of amenities - no bath, kitchen or running water. Concerns on what will be missed from modern-day life are discussed. Footage shows the conditions in the houses and emphasises the problems of lack of space faced by large families in 1927.
Available since: Sat 12 Jul 2008
This clip is from
5/12 At the pit, the men have new skills to master and must accept performance-related pay.
More clips from Episode 5
More clips from Coal House
- Welsh Coal Mining - Wage Structure Duration: 00:44 Series 1, Episode 5
- 'Coal House' Duration: 03:59 Series 1, Episode 5
- Welsh coal mining: life expectancy Duration: 01:03 Series 1, Episode 5
- Coal House Duration: 04:08 Series 1, Episode 5
- Welsh Coal Mining - Wage Structure Duration: 00:51 Series 1, Episode 5