The impact of family breakdown on a young girl (drama)
Drama exploring a girl's feelings about the breakdown of her family. Throughout the film she watches mobile phone footage from the same time last year before her parents split up. We see the girl and her mother going to the Christmas market and the girl becoming upset when she realises her father isn’t coming to their house the next day as planned. She then bumps into a school friend and becomes separated from her mum. .
We see the girl's mum looking for her and phoning her and then the girl's mobile runs out of charge. The girl frantically searches for her mum and eventually ends up at the big wheel where they last spent time as a family. Her mum finds her there and they are reunited with the girl being reassured that everything is going to be ok.
Available since: Tue 15 May 2012
More clips from The Big Wheel
More clips from Life Stories
- Akash and Arjun - sibling rivalry between brothers Duration: 14:30 Episode 1
- Living with alcoholism - Toby's story Duration: 15:38 Episode 1
- Megan’s friend – a girl struggles to understand how to keep a friendship Duration: 14:11 Episode 1
- In my shoes – Grandma and Mel’s experience of learning to dance Duration: 13:15 Episode 1
- Life Stories - Promo Duration: 00:21 The Big Wheel