The significance of Ethnographic research
With the launch of the Ethnography Award, anthropologist, Henrietta Moore talks to Laurie about the history and significance of Ethnographic research.
Available since: Wed 10 Jul 2013
This clip is from
Did Princess Diana's death prompt a major shift in British culture? Plus ethnography.
First broadcast: 19 Jun 2013
More clips from Thinking Allowed
- The Global Pigeon Duration: 01:51 Northern Ireland Sectarianism and Civility; The Global Pigeon
- Has the heyday of subcultures passed? Duration: 01:01 Drugs for Life; Subcultural Identity
- Can 'Ned' be reclaimed as a title of pride? Duration: 02:45 'Ned' Pride in Scotland; Weapon Dogs
- What is a status dog and what do they signify for their owners? Duration: 03:06 'Ned' Pride in Scotland; Weapon Dogs
- How authentic is World Music? Duration: 03:12 Birth of Neo-Liberalism; Music, Race and Difference