Can we avoid becoming ‘dinosaur toast’? Asteroid hunter and former NASA astronaut Edward Lu. Photo © aspeninstitute-internal
There are about a million sizeable asteroids, each capable of wiping out a big city.
Available since: Thu 4 Jul 2013
This clip is from
Cutting-edge space science, including asteroids, dark matter and how to detect tiny units
First broadcast: 06 Jul 2013
More clips from The Forum
- Jazz singer Nomfundo Xaluva performs a South African classic. Photo by BBC Duration: 03:14 Democracy and the Arts in South Africa
- Are language barriers harming political discourse in South Africa? Duration: 01:47 South Africa: Education
- Why some people want to be diagnosed as having Asperger syndrome. Photo credit: Corbis Duration: 00:55 Time to Rethink What is 'Normal'?
- Is modern medicine presenting us with impossible ethical choices? Photo: Liv Øvland Duration: 02:46 Risor Festival: Outcasts
- Is the desire to be invisible anti-human? Duration: 00:22 Invisibility