Ty Jeffries: "I make my own eyelashes"
Ty Jeffries (aka Miss Hope Springs) talks about the time it takes to get ready for a show and what lengths he goes to achieve his 'look' before he performs at The Crazy Coqs Cabaret room, Brasserie Zedel, in London's Piccadilly on Sundays.
Ex-Las Vegas showgirl, pianist and nightclub singer Miss Hope Springs is the creation of composer and lyricist Ty Jeffries, the son of the late actor and director Lionel Jeffries. Ty spent his formative years in Hollywood where his father had moved to work on the film Camelot.
Available since: Wed 3 Jul 2013
This clip is from
Libby Purves meets James Bowen, owner of Bob the cat, and cabaret star Miss Hope Springs.
First broadcast: 03 Jul 2013
Listen to a selection of clips from recent and upcoming programmes.
More clips from Midweek
- Philip Walling: Sheep farmer turned barrister on the resemblances between sheep and the legal profession Duration: 01:01
- “He used to just appear as if by magic.” Duration: 00:52 Gary Morecombe, Rebecca Gowers, Sara Ishaq, Mike McCartney
- “One of them said I was a Puritan who hated champagne.” Duration: 00:47 Professor John Carey, Benny Lewis, Eduardo Niebla, Lynn Ruth Miller
- Julia Child saves Corky’s borscht Duration: 01:16 Sam Etherington, Cassidy Little, Emma Bridgewater, Merry 'Corky' White
- Life after opera: Dame Kiri reveals her retirement plans Duration: 00:40 Amy Lehman, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, Alex Shearer, Richard Dunwoody MBE