Ty Jeffries: "I make my own eyelashes"
Ty Jeffries (aka Miss Hope Springs) talks about the time it takes to get ready for a show and what lengths he goes to achieve his 'look' before he performs at The Crazy Coqs Cabaret room, Brasserie Zedel, in London's Piccadilly on Sundays.
Ex-Las Vegas showgirl, pianist and nightclub singer Miss Hope Springs is the creation of composer and lyricist Ty Jeffries, the son of the late actor and director Lionel Jeffries. Ty spent his formative years in Hollywood where his father had moved to work on the film Camelot.
Available since: Wed 3 Jul 2013
This clip is from
Libby Purves meets James Bowen, owner of Bob the cat, and cabaret star Miss Hope Springs.
First broadcast: 03 Jul 2013
Listen to a selection of clips from recent and upcoming programmes.
More clips from Midweek
- The pleasure of jazz Duration: 01:32
- Harry Redknapp: "The more you screamed, the more he turned the machine up" Duration: 01:30 Alexander Armstrong, Wilbur Smith, Harry Redknapp, Anna Walker
- Richard Noble: "You're convinced you're driving straight down vertically into the centre of the earth" Duration: 01:05 Emma Thompson, Richard Noble, Linda Thompson, Dr Paul Abel
- How Barry Norman scored an Oscar scoop Duration: 00:52 Alexei Sayle, Barry Norman, Jacqui Dankworth, Don Bachardy
- How Fred Astaire took up skateboarding at 70 Duration: 00:45 Ava Astaire, Michael 'Mini' Cooper, Franc Roddam, Doug Allan, Ewan Clayton