Ty Jeffries: "I make my own eyelashes"
Ty Jeffries (aka Miss Hope Springs) talks about the time it takes to get ready for a show and what lengths he goes to achieve his 'look' before he performs at The Crazy Coqs Cabaret room, Brasserie Zedel, in London's Piccadilly on Sundays.
Ex-Las Vegas showgirl, pianist and nightclub singer Miss Hope Springs is the creation of composer and lyricist Ty Jeffries, the son of the late actor and director Lionel Jeffries. Ty spent his formative years in Hollywood where his father had moved to work on the film Camelot.
Available since: Wed 3 Jul 2013
This clip is from
Libby Purves meets James Bowen, owner of Bob the cat, and cabaret star Miss Hope Springs.
First broadcast: 03 Jul 2013
Listen to a selection of clips from recent and upcoming programmes.
More clips from Midweek
- Life after opera: Dame Kiri reveals her retirement plans Duration: 00:40 Amy Lehman, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, Alex Shearer, Richard Dunwoody MBE
- "She's Greta Garbo's stand-in, she has to eat alone." Duration: 00:38 Sacha Corcoran, Austin and Howard Mutti-Mewse, Gideon Lewis-Kraus, David Probert
- Arthur Smith on the allure of Leonard Cohen Duration: 00:38 Arthur Smith, Dr Akiko Mikamo, Martin White, Tom Mitchell
- Mike Rutherford: 'We aspired to be anything but our fathers' Duration: 01:08 Robert Powell, Mike Rutherford, Catherine Weate, Harry Shearer
- 'My singing and dancing are instantly forgettable' Duration: 01:00 Jo Brand, Henry Winkler, Clive Rowe, Richard Mawbey