Death: the definition
In order to be able to answer the question "What is death?", the panel agree on a clinical definition. Anthropologist Sue Black talks about the evolution of the definition over the last century. When is someone actually dead? Will our defintion be valid in 50 years?
Available since: Wed 26 Jun 2013
Listen to a selection of clips from recent and upcoming programmes.
More clips from The Infinite Monkey Cage
- Stephen Fry updates Python's Four Yorkshiremen sketch Duration: 00:59 Series 10, Does Science Need War?
- Eric Idle performs theme song for The Infinite Monkey Cage Duration: 03:22
- Bias in the Monkey Cage Duration: 02:08 Brian and Robin's Infinite Inbox
- Arts v Sciences Duration: 01:58 Brian and Robin's Infinite Inbox
- ‘I wasn’t born in the mid to late 70s!’ Duration: 01:14 Series 9, Science and Spin