Liz Kershaw and Steve Strange
Liz is joined by Steve Strange, frontman of 80's synth pop act Visage, who've just released their first album for 29 years.
Steve was a real pioneer of the New Romantic movement in the early 80's, and was the host at the famous Blitz club, in which Rusty Egan was the DJ. He formed Visage with the then Rich Kids members Rusty Egan and Midge Ure and Magazine members Barry Adamson, John McGeoch & Dave Formula. The bands 2nd single Fade To Grey was a huge international hit at the end of 1980. They released their self titled debut album that year. They returned in 1982 with The Anvil, which produced 2 hit singles, The Damned Don't Cry and Night Train. By the time of 1984's Beat Boy album, the only original members left were Steve Strange and Rusty Egan; the album failed to make any impact, and the band split a year later. Steve is the only original member on the new album Hearts And Knives.
Available since: Sat 22 Jun 2013
More clips from Liz Kershaw
- Chaz Jankel of the Blockheads chats to Liz Kershaw Duration: 12:34 With The Blockheads
- Liz Chats To Anne Dudley Duration: 14:03 With Anne Dudley
- Liz chats to John Robb Duration: 10:24 With John Robb
- Hear Liz Chat To Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream Duration: 07:38 With Bobby Gillespie
- Hear Liz's Chat With Dweezil Zappa Duration: 10:10 With Dweezil Zappa