The 1960s saw a rise in the popularity and ubiquity of the motor scooter. Many models were designed and sold with women in mind. Clip is taken from Scooter Commuter (1962).
Available since: Thu 20 Jun 2013
More clips from Britain on Film
- Daphne Oram Duration: 01:11 Series 2, The Spirit of the Sixties
- The jazz phenomenon Duration: 00:53 Series 2, The Spirit of the Sixties
- Native American Indians Duration: 01:14 Series 2, The Spirit of the Sixties
- Preparations for the 1966 World Cup Duration: 01:12 Series 2, This Sporting Life
- Analysing the golf swing Duration: 01:40 Series 2, This Sporting Life