Olympic torch relay, one year on
A year on, Neil remembers the Olympic torch relay as it made its way between Bournemouth and Southampton.
And as Petersfield prepares to host a Shakespeare festival with a difference, Neil talks to the festival director Jay Green
Lena Samuels reviews another DVD. Hampshire county bowler Steve Whitehead brings us up to date with news and results from the bowls leagues, Chris Carnegy has some original and local poetry and there’s a chance to help compile the A-Z playlist.
For those on the roads across the south of England, there is travel news as it happens. And a smile is promised as the weekend draws to a close.
Neil's Sunday evening programme is a mix of reviews and previews from the world of arts and culture, mixed with a selection of music that will leave you wanting more.
BBC Radio Solent offers a choice of listening on a Sunday evening.
Neil is on FM and online, The Paul Miller Soul Show is on digital radio and there's ball by ball commentary of Middlesex against Hampshire on AM.
A-Z Playlist. Parts of the body
- Arms You Lonesome Tonight – Elvis Presley
- Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
- Chest The Way You Are – Billy Joel
- Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mitch and Titch - Leg-end of Xanadu
- Elbow – First Steps
- Feet Petit – Jackie Wilson
- Get Back – The Beatles
- Heartbreak Hotel – Elvis Presley
- If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body – Bellamy Brothers
- John Wayne Is Big Leggy – Haysi Fantaysi
- Kneed Your Love So Bad – Fleetwood Mac
- Leg Knee Go Liver – Doris Day
- Mr Blue Thigh - ELO
- Paper Lace – Belly Don’t Be A Hero
- Queen – Fat Bottomed Girls
- Rosemary Clooney – My Arms Long For You
- Sole Man – Sam and Dave
- The Rain In Spine – From My Fair Lady
- Unchain My Heart – Joe cocker
- Wayne Fontana – Bum Bum Bum Bum Bum Bum
- Xscape – The Arms of the One You Love
- ZZ Top - Legs