Writer NoViolet Bulawayo: Moving from Zimbabwe to US changed me (Photo Credit: Smeeta Hamanti)
Having to speak in English each day transformed NoViolet from the noisiest to the quietest
Available since: Thu 13 Jun 2013
This clip is from
What impact is globalisation having on our sense of personal and national identity?
First broadcast: 15 Jun 2013
More clips from Globalisation: is it changing the way we think?
More clips from The Forum
- The benefits of speaking two or more languages Duration: 02:05 Multilingualism
- The Key to Victory in Sport: Willpower? Muscle strength? Blood? Duration: 00:46 Blood
- Do not touch the art! (artwork ©Bradley Hart www.bradleyhart.ca) Duration: 01:11 Bubbles
- How tiny ocean bubbles make a big difference to our weather and climate Duration: 01:21 Bubbles
- Jazz singer Nomfundo Xaluva performs a South African classic. Photo by BBC Duration: 03:14 Democracy and the Arts in South Africa