Caroline Sandon: Extended Interview
Shereen talks with author Caroline Sandon about her new novel and the history of her home in Gloucestershire.
The old saying, fact is stranger than fiction, has certainly proved the case where Caroline Sandon is concerned. When she re-married and moved into her new family home, Burnt Norton in Gloucestershire, the house's very colourful history immediately sparked her interest. The property is majestic, set in picturesque surroundings and its beautiful grounds have even inspired a poem by TS Elliot. However it’s the house’s murkier past --- an affair, attempted murder and arson that lay the basis for Caroline's first published novel. I caught up with her earlier this week. She began by telling me the extraordinary story of Burton Norton....
Available since: Sat 8 Jun 2013
More clips from Shereen
- Sarah Henshaw: Extended Interview Duration: 14:34 30/08/2014
- Oliver Horovitz: Extended Interview Duration: 13:28 23/08/2014
- Justyn Larcombe: Extended Interview Duration: 19:42 16/08/2014
- Matt Lewis: Extended Interview Duration: 23:21 02/08/2014
- Indi Cowie: Extended Interview Duration: 07:13 26/07/2014