Eve Branson: 'I dressed as a man to fly wartime gliders’
Eve Branson, mother of Sir Richard, tells Midweek's Libby Purves about her adventures and narrow escape as a wartime glider pilot - and how she had to disguise herself as a man.
Available since: Thu 6 Jun 2013
This clip is from
Libby Purves meets musician Cerys Matthews and Eve Branson, mother of Sir Richard.
First broadcast: 05 Jun 2013
More clips from Midweek
- Cheeky Nelson Mandela Duration: 00:26 Zelda la Grange, John Moloney, Rattlesnake
- Cheeky Nelson Mandela Duration: 01:16 Zelda la Grange, John Moloney, Rattlesnake
- “We don’t tell the audience what to think, just steer them in the right direction” Duration: 01:02 Roz Chalmers, Merlin Holland, David Charles Manners, David Waterman
- Singer Angelique Kidjo remembers her grandmother’s advice Duration: 00:59 Angelique Kidjo, John Browne, Helen Kirwan-Taylor, Oliver Horovitz
- “It was a very peculiar arrangement.” Duration: 00:42 Hetain Patel, Daniel Antoine, Sue Swingler, Brendan King