Eve Branson: 'I dressed as a man to fly wartime gliders’
Eve Branson, mother of Sir Richard, tells Midweek's Libby Purves about her adventures and narrow escape as a wartime glider pilot - and how she had to disguise herself as a man.
Available since: Thu 6 Jun 2013
This clip is from
Libby Purves meets musician Cerys Matthews and Eve Branson, mother of Sir Richard.
First broadcast: 05 Jun 2013
More clips from Midweek
- Life after opera: Dame Kiri reveals her retirement plans Duration: 00:40 Amy Lehman, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, Alex Shearer, Richard Dunwoody MBE
- "She's Greta Garbo's stand-in, she has to eat alone." Duration: 00:38 Sacha Corcoran, Austin and Howard Mutti-Mewse, Gideon Lewis-Kraus, David Probert
- Arthur Smith on the allure of Leonard Cohen Duration: 00:38 Arthur Smith, Dr Akiko Mikamo, Martin White, Tom Mitchell
- Mike Rutherford: 'We aspired to be anything but our fathers' Duration: 01:08 Robert Powell, Mike Rutherford, Catherine Weate, Harry Shearer
- 'My singing and dancing are instantly forgettable' Duration: 01:00 Jo Brand, Henry Winkler, Clive Rowe, Richard Mawbey