Eve Branson: 'I dressed as a man to fly wartime gliders’
Eve Branson, mother of Sir Richard, tells Midweek's Libby Purves about her adventures and narrow escape as a wartime glider pilot - and how she had to disguise herself as a man.
Available since: Thu 6 Jun 2013
This clip is from
Libby Purves meets musician Cerys Matthews and Eve Branson, mother of Sir Richard.
First broadcast: 05 Jun 2013
More clips from Midweek
- Philip Walling: Sheep farmer turned barrister on the resemblances between sheep and the legal profession Duration: 01:01
- “He used to just appear as if by magic.” Duration: 00:52 Gary Morecombe, Rebecca Gowers, Sara Ishaq, Mike McCartney
- “One of them said I was a Puritan who hated champagne.” Duration: 00:47 Professor John Carey, Benny Lewis, Eduardo Niebla, Lynn Ruth Miller
- Julia Child saves Corky’s borscht Duration: 01:16 Sam Etherington, Cassidy Little, Emma Bridgewater, Merry 'Corky' White
- Life after opera: Dame Kiri reveals her retirement plans Duration: 00:40 Amy Lehman, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, Alex Shearer, Richard Dunwoody MBE