The first glider on French soil
Staff Sergeant Jim Wallwork, Glider Pilot Regiment lands the first glider on French soil in a daring bid to capture two key strategic bridges over the Caen Canal and the River Orne. This operation – codenamed Operation Deadstick – marked the first phase of attack.
Available since: Wed 5 Jun 2013
This clip is from
Dan Snow examines how the analysis of 3D aerial photos helped the Allied Forces win D-Day.
More clips from Original Series
More clips from D-Day: The Last Heroes
- Trailer for D-Day: The Last Heroes Duration: 00:38 Learning Zone
- Two kinds of men (from Episode 2) Duration: 01:24 Original Series, Episode 2
- Planning D-Day Duration: 10:40 Learning Zone
- The battle for Omaha Duration: 12:51 Learning Zone
- Winning D-Day - Sword Beach landings Duration: 09:31 Learning Zone