The kingdom of Alba become the nation of Scotland. As a succession of kings fight to expand and secure Scotland's boundaries old foes are defeated and another comes to the fore – England. The death of a king leads to an English invasion and the emergence of one of Scotland's most legendary figures – William Wallace.
- Watch 01:35Scotland United
- Watch 04:23Alexander II's brutality in the creation of Scotland
- Watch 06:26The Treaty of York, 1237
- Watch 03:08The last of the Canmores and the subsequent Scottish succession crisis
- Watch 03:56Claimants to the Scottish throne
- Watch 06:10Edward I defeats the Scots at Dunbar, 1297
- Watch 03:29William Wallace