Top tips to prevent pickpocketing
In April, one of the world's most-visited museums, the Louvre in Paris closed for the day as staff protested over pickpockets who were said to be targeting both employees and tourists.
According to a recent survey the city is on a growing list of European destinations - including London and Barcelona - which are seeing an increasing number of tourist thefts.
Anthony Baxter finds out why tourists are being targeted and how to reduce the risk of losing your possessions.
Available since: Fri 24 May 2013
More clips from 18/05/2013 GMT
More clips from Fast Track
- Insider Guide: The mirrors bringing sunlight Duration: 04:13 30/11/2013 GMT
- Are cycle lanes heading for a dead end? Duration: 07:13 07/12/2013 GMT
- Visiting one of the world's fastest growing cities Duration: 04:33 30/11/2013 GMT
- Insider Guide: Bat migration Duration: 04:04 02/11/2013 GMT
- Can you escape jet lag? Duration: 07:34 30/11/2013 GMT