Mary marries Lord Darnley, 1565
Mary marries Lord Darnley and in the process angers Elizabeth I of England. Like Mary, Darnley has a claim to the English throne and, as such, is seen as provocative.
Available since: Wed 22 May 2013
The Protestant Reformation sweeping Europe opened up a fresh divide in Scottish politics.
More clips from Project Britain
More clips from A History of Scotland
- William Wallace Duration: 03:28 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- The Battle of Stirling Bridge Duration: 03:42 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- The Battle of Falkirk Duration: 02:12 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- Jacobite invasion plan, 1708 Duration: 02:59 Series 2, Let's Pretend
- The Battle of Culloden, 1746 Duration: 04:15 Series 2, Let's Pretend