The Declaration of Arbroath, 1320
The Declaration of Arbroath is sent to Pope John XXII. Although the Pope was unmoved the Declaration became a powerful symbol of Scotland's independence, character and identity.
Available since: Tue 21 May 2013
Edward I of England brought Scotland to its knees with a brutal military campaign.
More clips from Bishop Makes King
More clips from A History of Scotland
- William Wallace Duration: 03:28 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- The Battle of Stirling Bridge Duration: 03:42 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- The Battle of Falkirk Duration: 02:12 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- Jacobite invasion plan, 1708 Duration: 02:59 Series 2, Let's Pretend
- The Battle of Culloden, 1746 Duration: 04:15 Series 2, Let's Pretend