Damien Hirst: “I got an E in my A-level art”
Artist Damien Hirst talks to Kirsty Young about his less than promising beginnings in art.
Available since: Thu 16 May 2013
Listen to a selection of clips from recent and upcoming programmes.
More clips from Desert Island Discs
- Roger Graef, filmmaker: ‘Don’t ask people to do what you wouldn’t do’ Duration: 00:44 Roger Graef
- Debbie Wiseman: 'Every time there was an empty dining room I would sneak in and try and play' Duration: 00:45 Debbie Wiseman
- Sir Roy Strong: 'The whole thing was preposterous!' Duration: 01:10 Sir Roy Strong
- Sally Wainwright: 'I couldn’t read other people’s stories so I wrote my own' Duration: 00:50 Sally Wainwright
- Sally Wainwright: 'My mum told me who everyone was in The Archers' Duration: 00:58 Sally Wainwright