Dr Wang Jin - Chinese entrepreneur (pt 3/3)
Dr Wang Jin is a successful business entrepreneur and has a luxurious apartment to prove it. She invites her friends around for a party. They are former comrades of hers, with whom she spent eight years in the countryside during the Cultural Revolution being "re-educated" by the peasantry.
Those were hard times that but they had a profound effect on Dr Wang and her friends. She needn't worry now though. In fact, some think she'll rise even higher and be given an important position in government. Although Dr Wang is ambitious, money and power are not everything. To her, what's more important is happiness. Without this, what's the point of anything?
Available since: Mon 13 May 2013
More clips from The Thoughts of Dr Wang
More clips from China Close Up
- Dairy farming in Hongya County Duration: 04:34 After the Floods
- Dr Wang Jin - Chinese entrepreneur (pt 2/3) Duration: 06:31 The Thoughts of Dr Wang
- Dr Wang Jin - Chinese entrepreneur (pt 1/3) Duration: 05:01 The Thoughts of Dr Wang
- Rice and dairy farming in the Hongya County Duration: 04:39 After the Floods
- Forest conservation in Hongya County Duration: 04:38 After the Floods