Coping with financial pressures (drama)
Julie has always seemed a sober and conscientious girl, so stealing a scrunchy from an accessories shop is out of character. We learn that there is no money at home, that relationships are strained because of it, and that she feels too vulnerable to speak about it at school - even to her close friend Shanice. But Julie is fiercely independent and she finds herself a part-time job. Coming home one day she walks in on her mum and dad arguing about money. Should she give her earnings to her parents to help out?
The story explores the day to day impact of poverty from a young person’s perspective, the strains it places on the family, how it can be a stigma for young people at school, the fear of bullying because of it, how it can affect a young person emotionally and how they might be supported at school.
Available since: Thu 31 May 2012
More clips from L8R Youngers 3
More clips from L8R Youngers
- Alcohol abuse and binge drinking (drama) Duration: 11:57 L8R Youngers 3
- Dealing with pressures to have sex (drama) Duration: 10:17 L8R Youngers 3
- A first date at the cinema (drama) Duration: 04:39 L8R Youngers 1
- Joe's Story - text bullying Duration: 04:30 L8R Youngers 1
- Dealing with jealousy in relationships (drama) Duration: 03:30 L8R Youngers 1