Dr Wang Jin - Chinese entrepreneur (pt 1/3)
During Mao’s Cultural Revolution, Dr Wang Jin was an ardent revolutionary. But now 30 years on, she follows a very different creed in China’s burgeoning market-driven economy. Armed with an MBA and 20 years of business experience, she's turned her talents to advising private businesses in Chengdu on investment and management.
At a lecture she delivers in the tourist city of Dujiangyan, famed for its 2000-year-old hydraulic engineering system, she says that operating in a new business climate is like learning to clasp your hands in a different way: it may be uncomfortable but it’s essential China’s new generation of entrepreneurs get used to it.
Available since: Fri 10 May 2013
More clips from The Thoughts of Dr Wang
More clips from China Close Up
- Dairy farming in Hongya County Duration: 04:34 After the Floods
- Dr Wang Jin - Chinese entrepreneur (pt 3/3) Duration: 02:23 The Thoughts of Dr Wang
- Dr Wang Jin - Chinese entrepreneur (pt 2/3) Duration: 06:31 The Thoughts of Dr Wang
- Rice and dairy farming in the Hongya County Duration: 04:39 After the Floods
- Forest conservation in Hongya County Duration: 04:38 After the Floods