John le Carré: "I'm a second rate mimic"
Author John le Carré demonstrates some of the accents he uses when reading through his own work.
He praises Damian Lewis who he says makes the job of narration seem easy in the recording of A Delicate Truth.
John le Carré was speaking exclusively to Radio 4's Susan Rae.
Available since: Wed 8 May 2013
This clip is from
John le Carre's novel about a man who must choose between his conscience and his duty
More clips from A Delicate Truth
More clips from Book at Bedtime
- Interview with Madeleine Potter Duration: 01:48 The Collected Works of AJ Fikry
- 'Mr Wooster, you are a typical young man about town' Duration: 01:04 Aunts Aren't Gentlemen
- 'China's Chairman is Our Chairman' Duration: 01:27 The Lowland
- 'A sudden queer sensation of fear passed over him' Duration: 01:31 Algernon Blackwood's Ghost Stories, Keeping His Promise
- 'It's like a bass speaker thud in your chest'. Jamie Parker on the power of The Goldfinch. Warning: contains spoilers. Duration: 01:05 The Goldfinch, Ring the Green Bell