Vampire Weekend - Interview
Steve welcomes Ezra & Rostam from Vampire Weekend to the studio to chat about their new album Modern Vampires Of The City, as part of 6Music's Album of the Day PLUS.
The album is the band's third album, and was produced by Ariel Rechtshaid who has worked with Diplo & Snoop Dogg.
The band spent more than 20 months perfecting the tracks. "There was a certain point where we kind of knew deep down that it didn't quite feel right," Koenig tells Rolling Stone. "We knew it could be better." They finally hit their stride during a writing retreat at a friend's house in Martha's Vineyard last spring, and later recorded the bulk of the disc in L.A.
The band tell Steve about writing using vintage equipment in a studio built in the 1930's, and how the tracks on the album inspired a new creative outlook.
Available since: Mon 6 May 2013
- Interviewed Guest
- Vampire Weekend
Watch and listen to the very best music moments brought to you from BBC 6 Music.
More clips from Steve Lamacq
- Andy Ross and Alan McGee on the Britpop Chart Battle of 1995 Duration: 09:05 Britpop Week: Alan McGee and Andy Ross
- Britpop Timeline: Steve Lamacq talks about 1995 Duration: 15:30 Britpop Week: Alan McGee and Andy Ross
- Justine Frischmann chats with Steve Lamacq Duration: 15:04 Britpop Week: Justine Frischmann
- Britpop Timeline: Steve Lamacq talks about 1994 Duration: 16:59 Britpop Week: Justine Frischmann
- Gaz Coombes talks Supergrass with Steve Lamacq Duration: 14:39 Britpop Week: Gaz Coombes