The long road to release
In 1985 secret and complex release talks began between a still-imprisoned Nelson Mandela and the South African government. FW De Klerk, Mandela and other key figures reveal how his release from prison was planned.
Available since: Wed 1 Feb 2012
This clip is from
Videos from BBC History.
History biography page about Nelson Mandela
More clips from BBC History website
- An Ulster Volunteer recalls unloading arms at Larne, 1914 Duration: 02:56
- An Ulster Volunteer recalls the Larne Gun Running of 1914 Duration: 03:23
- Hamilton Flute Band remember the Somme Duration: 02:29
- Deck gun raised from the sunken SS Laurentic in Lough Swilly Duration: 01:57
- Sunken gold in Lough Swilly Duration: 01:18