Rt Hon Margaret Hodge MP: 'For me power is a means to an end'
The MP for Barking has sat in the House for Commons for nearly twenty years and held ministerial jobs in both the Blair and Brown governments. But it is as Chair of the Public Accounts Committee that she now has what many see as her most powerful job. She talks to Jenni about her power to hold the government and others to account.
Available since: Sat 27 Apr 2013
This clip is from
Jenni Murray meets Nobel Peace Prize winner Jody Williams and Powerlister Margaret Hodge.
First broadcast: 25 Apr 2013
This year's 'Game Changer' debate plus interviews from 2013's Top 100 Power List
More clips from Jody Williams; Margaret Hodge; Behaviour in Nurseries
More clips from Woman's Hour
- "You're not allowed to die in the House of Lords": 3 Baronesses on life in the Lords. Duration: 19:19 One dame, three baronesses; Miner's wives, the CoppaFeel Campaign
- Woman's Hour Power List 2014 Game Changers - what does it take to be a game changer? Duration: 15:59 The A-Z of Mrs P; Compensation for Libyan rape victims; Game Changers; Losing your mum
- "He went from walking, to full time in a wheelchair - in a fortnight" Duration: 05:58 Minette Batters, Unlikely Friends, Forced Marriage Statistics, Muscular Dystrophy
- What is a Game Changer? Duration: 03:07 Power List 2014; Jack Monroe; Grooming; Police fitness
- Jack Monroe Cooks the Perfect...Falafel Duration: 09:42 Power List 2014; Jack Monroe; Grooming; Police fitness