Diana Athill on Nannying authors
Diana Athill on the less conventional skills of a book editor
Available since: Sun 27 Dec 2009
This clip is from
Mariella Frostrup investigates the role of the editor in the publication of a book.
First broadcast: 27 Dec 2009
Creative minds take you on a journey through all things cultural. Clips selection.
More clips from Open Book
- Women and Book Reviews Duration: 12:42 Ben Watt, Mike Nicol, Rachel Cooke and Jonathan Gibbs
- 'It felt glum that early work going out of print' Duration: 01:06 Deborah Levy; Bulgarian fiction; Jamie Byng's literary pick
- Carlos Acosta on Earth's Holocaust Duration: 01:40
- 'I wanted to write a social comedy about menace' Duration: 00:34 David Vann, Stuart Kelly, Penelope Lively, Suzanne Berne
- 'What is enduring and what's appealing to authors is indeed the language' Duration: 01:13 David Vann, Stuart Kelly, Penelope Lively, Suzanne Berne