Clearing away the legacy of war
Two decades after war, Croatia still has 74,000 landmines.
Most national parks and areas around tourist sites are safe but further clearance is a priority as the country seeks to become a year-round destination for foreign visitors.
There are 650 people involved in mine clearance in Croatia and Rajan Datar joined a team of them in Karlovac, just south of Zagreb to see how they work.
Available since: Fri 26 Apr 2013
More clips from Croatia
More clips from Fast Track
- Insider Guide: The mirrors bringing sunlight Duration: 04:13 30/11/2013 GMT
- Are cycle lanes heading for a dead end? Duration: 07:13 07/12/2013 GMT
- Visiting one of the world's fastest growing cities Duration: 04:33 30/11/2013 GMT
- Insider Guide: Bat migration Duration: 04:04 02/11/2013 GMT
- Can you escape jet lag? Duration: 07:34 30/11/2013 GMT