Clearing away the legacy of war
Two decades after war, Croatia still has 74,000 landmines.
Most national parks and areas around tourist sites are safe but further clearance is a priority as the country seeks to become a year-round destination for foreign visitors.
There are 650 people involved in mine clearance in Croatia and Rajan Datar joined a team of them in Karlovac, just south of Zagreb to see how they work.
Available since: Fri 26 Apr 2013
More clips from Croatia
More clips from Fast Track
- What will 2014 mean for travel? Duration: 01:30 14/12/2013 GMT
- Looking back on the travel headlines of 2013 Duration: 06:31 14/12/2013 GMT
- How a cheap business class ticket could leave you grounded Duration: 04:05 14/12/2013 GMT
- Fast Track Highlights of 2013 Duration: 04:31 14/12/2013 GMT
- Online Check-in: Festive flight safety video Duration: 04:11 07/12/2013 GMT