David Byrne talks to Anne McElvoy
David Byrne is a musician, artist and essayist. Known for his passion for cycling, turning whole buildings into musical instruments he has a new musical opening next year about Imelda Marcos and was the driving force behind the New Wave pop band Talking Heads. Anne McElvoy talks to him about his new book How Music Works. Originally broadcast on Thursday 25 October 2012.
Available since: Thu 25 Apr 2013
This clip is from
Presented by Anne McElvoy. Including an interview with Simon Schama.
First broadcast: 25 Apr 2013
More clips from Night Waves
- "It changed my way of thinking about acting" - Richard Wilson on Yasujiro Ozu's Tokyo Story Duration: 00:31 Landmarks: Tokyo Story
- Actor Richard Wilson's film recommendation Duration: 00:19 Landmarks: Tokyo Story
- Landmark: Lawrence of Arabia, June 2008 Duration: 43:36 Peter O'Toole Appreciation, Genetics and Education, Japan at Christmas, Dragons
- Peter O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia, the 50th Anniversary, December 2012 Duration: 15:59 Peter O'Toole Appreciation, Genetics and Education, Japan at Christmas, Dragons
- "It is the one remaining great miscarriage of justice" - Lord Hutchinson on Steven Ward's conviction Duration: 11:00 The Early 1960s