Bernardo Bertolucci on his directorial comeback
In the company of the conductor Antonio Pappano, the legendary Italian film director Bernardo Bertolucci talks about the similarities between conducting an orchestra and directing a film, and what it feels like to return to the director’s chair after a ten year hiatus in his career.
Available since: Mon 22 Apr 2013
Listen to a selection of clips from recent and upcoming programmes.
More clips from Start the Week
- David Sedaris explains his low self-esteem Duration: 01:37 AL Kennedy and David Sedaris on matters of the heart
- Vanessa Feltz explains why people confess on TV shows Duration: 02:15 Vanessa Feltz and Susie Orbach on Confession
- What do humans share in common with the tiny nematode worm? Duration: 01:36 The Building Blocks of Life and Intelligence
- Sir John Tavener on his spiritual influences Duration: 03:19 Andrew Marr on poet George Herbert
- Start the Week at the Radio 3 Free Thinking Festival - post programme Q&A Duration: 13:32 The Kremlin: A fortress that has shaped a nation