"When you hear your mother screaming, that's the thing that stays with you more than anything else," says X Factor's Jahmene.
X Factor finalist Jahmene Douglas talks about his difficult childhood during which his violent father continually abused his mother.
Available since: Thu 18 Apr 2013
This clip is from
Jahmene Douglas tells Jenni Murray about his hard childhood. And vinyl is not just for men
First broadcast: 19 Apr 2013
More clips from X Factor finalist Jahmene Douglas; Women and vinyl; Communal changing rooms
More clips from Woman's Hour
- "My brain is on fire every single day" Duration: 09:17 Winnie Mandela; Ulrika Jonsson
- "Sport was always presented to me as a secondary level of news..." Duration: 00:46 Abortion rights; getting boys to read; author Jeff Kinney; female sports presenters
- The rise of the Christmas jumper Duration: 05:12 Women in Film; Christmas Jumpers
- An unexpected iconic moment Duration: 00:52 If shoes could talk; women and the budget; Barbara Broccoli; prostitution round the world
- "I've waited for this revolution all my life" Egyptian feminist and campaigner Mona Eltahawy Duration: 08:23 Mona Eltahawy; Randi Zuckerberg; Pregnancy and mental health