See inside Jeremy Vine's voice box
You know how Jeremy Vine’s voice sounds but what does it look like?
For the very first time, a Radio 2 presenter’s vocal cords have been filmed in action.
The procedure wasn’t much fun, in fact Jeremy was worried he might faint at one point. But it was fascinating. He said: “I can’t believe I’ve seen my own voice in action. It looked like a strange alien or sea creature, pulsating and flexing as I spoke.
My voice is such an important part of my life and my job – as for many people I suppose – and to see it moving on screen was quite a profound experience.”
All this week – with the return of The Voice on BBC One – Radio 2 is exploring the magic and mystery of the human voice.
Available since: Wed 17 Apr 2013
This clip is from
Jeremy follows the lifetime of the human voice.
First broadcast: 17 Apr 2013
Highlights from a week of special programmes celebrating the human voice in all its forms
More clips from Jeremy follows the lifetime of the human voice
More clips from Jeremy Vine
- Vine in 1914: Taking To The Skies Duration: 07:39 25/08/2014
- Aseem Malhotra Duration: 18:14
- Vine in 1914: Germany Occupies Brussels Duration: 06:03
- Bill Oddie - What Makes Us Human Duration: 24:13 Bill Oddie answers the question: What Makes Us Human?
- Vine in 1914: The Battle of Lorraine Duration: 06:19 Paddy O'Connell sits in