See inside Jeremy Vine's voice box
You know how Jeremy Vine’s voice sounds but what does it look like?
For the very first time, a Radio 2 presenter’s vocal cords have been filmed in action.
The procedure wasn’t much fun, in fact Jeremy was worried he might faint at one point. But it was fascinating. He said: “I can’t believe I’ve seen my own voice in action. It looked like a strange alien or sea creature, pulsating and flexing as I spoke.
My voice is such an important part of my life and my job – as for many people I suppose – and to see it moving on screen was quite a profound experience.”
All this week – with the return of The Voice on BBC One – Radio 2 is exploring the magic and mystery of the human voice.
Available since: Wed 17 Apr 2013
This clip is from
Jeremy follows the lifetime of the human voice.
First broadcast: 17 Apr 2013
Highlights from a week of special programmes celebrating the human voice in all its forms
More clips from Jeremy follows the lifetime of the human voice
More clips from Jeremy Vine
- Local man defends David Ruffley MP Duration: 03:24 Fracking licences and car cruising.
- Is the Israel/Gaza conflict causing a rise in anti-Semitism in Britain? Emma Barnett and Alexei Sayle discuss Duration: 06:43 Sharon Shoesmith and Domestic Violence
- Noreena Hertz: What makes us human? Duration: 22:48 Noreena Hertz answers the question: What makes us human?
- Hillary Clinton Duration: 20:09 Hillary Clinton and FGM
- William Boyd: What Makes Us Human? Duration: 21:43 Rolf Harris and London