The TV dinner
The difference between us and our friends across the pond has never as glaring than in the immediate post war years.
In fact, back in 1953 they had more food than they knew what to do with. It is thought this glut led in part to the creation of one of the most notorious food inventions of the 20th century The TV dinner!
Available since: Sat 13 Apr 2013
More clips from Atlantic
More clips from Hairy Bikers' Best of British
- Traditional simnel cake Duration: 06:29 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Fish cakes with parsley sauce Duration: 04:48 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Pot roast beef brisket Duration: 06:23 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Duck a l'orange Duration: 05:29 Series 2, 1960s
- Flat rib broth Duration: 06:31 Series 2, Comfort Food