It’s probably no coincidence that the term ‘comfort food’ was coined in the late 1970s, because back then our food and diet was changing at a quicker rate than ever before.
Maybe, we began to crave the food we grew up with - the food of our parents and grandparents. Good honest regional grub: familiar, often stodgy, always calorie laden but most importantly heart and belly warming.
Available since: Sat 20 Apr 2013
This clip is from
17/20 The Bikers explore Britain's love of comfort food and prepare their own home favourites.
First broadcast: 24 Apr 2013
More clips from Comfort Food
More clips from Hairy Bikers' Best of British
- Traditional simnel cake Duration: 06:29 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Pot roast beef brisket Duration: 06:23 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Fish cakes with parsley sauce Duration: 04:48 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Duck a l'orange Duration: 05:29 Series 2, 1960s
- Flat rib broth Duration: 06:31 Series 2, Comfort Food