From the beginning of time, the apple hasn’t just been a tasty nutritious treat, it’s also one of the world’s most symbolic fruits.
From Adam and Eve to William Tell, it’s at the core of many of our beliefs and folklore. No other fruit has been able to claim to such mythical status, or led to so many of our oldest customs and traditions; some more unexpected than others.
Available since: Sat 13 Apr 2013
This clip is from
13/20 The Bikers reveal the British obsession with apples, as well as the passion for pears.
First broadcast: 18 Apr 2013
More clips from Apples and Pears
More clips from Hairy Bikers' Best of British
- Traditional simnel cake Duration: 06:29 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Pot roast beef brisket Duration: 06:23 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Fish cakes with parsley sauce Duration: 04:48 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Duck a l'orange Duration: 05:29 Series 2, 1960s
- Flat rib broth Duration: 06:31 Series 2, Comfort Food