Chicken with forty cloves of garlic served with colcannon
This dish isn't usually cooked with shallots but we've added a few to make the sauce extra delicious. To make a richer sauce from the cooking liquor, you can stir in freshly chopped tarragon and some double cream or crème fraîche. Not traditional, maybe, but very delicious.
Available since: Fri 12 Apr 2013
This clip is from
10/20 The Bikers show that there is so much more to British fowl than roast chicken.
First broadcast: 12 Apr 2013
More clips from Francophile
More clips from Hairy Bikers' Best of British
- Traditional simnel cake Duration: 06:29 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Fish cakes with parsley sauce Duration: 04:48 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Pot roast beef brisket Duration: 06:23 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Duck a l'orange Duration: 05:29 Series 2, 1960s
- Flat rib broth Duration: 06:31 Series 2, Comfort Food