Mobile phone inventor discusses its future
If life begins at 40, then the mobile phone has a lot to look forward to as it reaches this milestone.
But it came from humble beginnings - from an engineer at a start-up called Motorola, who on 3 April 1973 made the first ever mobile phone call publicly to gathered journalists in midtown Manhattan.
Richard Taylor speaks to Martin Cooper, the engineer often referred to as the father of the mobile phone, about what the future may hold for the device.
Available since: Wed 10 Apr 2013
More clips from 06/04/2013
More clips from Click
- Tech News: New laser weapon tested Duration: 02:15 13/04/2013
- Webscape: Train driving simulators Duration: 04:42 13/04/2013
- Tech News: China's smart glasses project Duration: 02:02
- Webscape: Can Microsoft's social network work? Duration: 04:18 06/04/2013
- Webscape: How to drive at 98mph and stay legal Duration: 03:25 30/03/2013