Health food movement
Whilst some of us were happily embracing modernity by munching away on a mixture of flavourings and preservatives but an alternative approach to food had been gathering momentum.
The Health food movement was a backlash to what was seen as the increasing artificiality of modern food but as the decade went on and it grew, it started to attract its own critics.
Available since: Sat 6 Apr 2013
More clips from 1970s
More clips from Hairy Bikers' Best of British
- Traditional simnel cake Duration: 06:29 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Fish cakes with parsley sauce Duration: 04:48 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Pot roast beef brisket Duration: 06:23 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Duck a l'orange Duration: 05:29 Series 2, 1960s
- Flat rib broth Duration: 06:31 Series 2, Comfort Food