The 70s began in the shadow of the moon landing. We were a nation excited by the future: revelling in what man could achieve.
Kids wanted to chow down like Buck Rodgers and space food had become the stuff of dreams. So that’s exactly what our creative food manufacturers gave us. Instant and convenience became by-words for 1970s cuisine.
Just add water and whisk.
Available since: Sat 6 Apr 2013
More clips from 1970s
More clips from Hairy Bikers' Best of British
- Traditional simnel cake Duration: 06:29 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Pot roast beef brisket Duration: 06:23 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Fish cakes with parsley sauce Duration: 04:48 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Duck a l'orange Duration: 05:29 Series 2, 1960s
- Flat rib broth Duration: 06:31 Series 2, Comfort Food