The booze cruise
It wasn’t really until the introduction of the drive on/drive off car ferry in 1953 and hovercraft in 1959 that getting to France became a really affordable option for us Brits.
Not only did it facilitate an increased interchange of cultural and culinary ideas – it was the start of what by the 1970s would be termed as the ‘the Booze cruise’.
Available since: Sat 6 Apr 2013
This clip is from
10/20 The Bikers show that there is so much more to British fowl than roast chicken.
First broadcast: 12 Apr 2013
More clips from Francophile
More clips from Hairy Bikers' Best of British
- Traditional simnel cake Duration: 06:29 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Fish cakes with parsley sauce Duration: 04:48 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Pot roast beef brisket Duration: 06:23 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Duck a l'orange Duration: 05:29 Series 2, 1960s
- Flat rib broth Duration: 06:31 Series 2, Comfort Food