Genealogy Myth-conceptions – West Midlands
The popularity of genealogy has given birth to TV programmes and more recently, research database tracing Caribbean ancestry to their slave owners. But how easy is it really, and how far do you really want to dig? Carlton Walters from the Caribbean Family History group for Birmingham and Solihull explains to BBC WM’s Joe Aldred how searching for family links beyond the living generations works.
Available since: Thu 4 Apr 2013
This clip is from
Stories that matter to the Midland's African and Caribbean communities.
More clips from Chatback
- Murder of Birmingham man in Jamaica Duration: 04:19
- Birmingham's first black-led catering college axed Duration: 05:13 29/06/2014
- 66th anniversary Empire Windrush Duration: 04:47
- Birmingham hosts the Jamaican Diaspora Conference Duration: 03:24
- Birmingham youths leading the fight against knife crime Duration: 05:10 08/06/2014