Tom Dowd on Otis Redding
Johnny Walker talks with American recording engineer and producer Tom Dowd about Otis Redding recording an album in one weekend and fitting in a gig on Saturday night!
Available since: Thu 21 Mar 2013
This clip is from
2/6 Dusty Springfield and Otis Redding are up for discussion and listening pleasure tonight.
First broadcast: 21 Mar 2013
More clips from Dusty in Memphis and Otis Blue
More clips from Johnnie Walker's Long Players
- The making of Crowded House's Woodface Duration: 05:30 Series 3, Crowded House and the Beach Boys
- The differences in writing styles and visions on Abbey Road Duration: 03:03 Series 3, Abbey Road and All Things Must Pass
- Why Brian Wilson faced opposition for his vision for Pet Sounds Duration: 02:56 Series 3, Crowded House and the Beach Boys
- The origins of Dusty in Memphis Duration: 04:24 Series 3, Dusty in Memphis and Otis Blue
- Phil Collins on making Face Value Duration: 02:15 Series 3, Face Value and Hounds of Love