Music, Mum and Me in Reading
Retired nurse Rose Cam, a South African from Reading, has been teaching piano for 20 years but she also conducts sessions called Music, Mum and Me - developed to help stimulate young kids through music using rare instruments from Indonsesia such as the slentho and gamelan. In this extract, BBC Radio Berkshire's Louise Chandler sits in one of the sessions at Amersham Road Community Centre in Caversham.
Available since: Fri 22 Mar 2013
This clip is from
For news, views and interesting stories from Berkshire's Caribbean communities.
More clips from Louise Chandler
- Train in dementia care for new ethnic communities - Basingstoke Duration: 02:44
- DIY home recovery for hospital patients in Berkshire Duration: 04:57
- In God’s hands….the puppets spreading the Word Duration: 04:19
- Bullying to boxing - young Reading man on winning and losing Duration: 03:47
- Songs of Praise search for gospel choir of the year - Berkshire Duration: 03:01