William Whiskerson - How our milk gets from the farm to the shop
William Whiskerson meets Theo on his family farm. He learns how female cows make milk and then takes a trip around the farm where he sees a calf being born. He visits the cowshed and watches it being cleaned.
He learns about organic farming and how the cow's dung is used to grow crops for the cattle to eat. He then sees the cows being milked in the parlour. Next, William follows the milk as it is transported to the local dairy. He sees it being bottled, ready to be sent to the shops. He learns how milk can be used to make cheese, yoghurt and cream.
Available since: Wed 18 Jan 2012
More clips from Island, Farm, City
More clips from William Whiskerson
- William Whiskerson – Mountains and electricity Duration: 09:47 Mountain
- William Whiskerson – Exploring a cave in Yorkshire Duration: 09:47 Cave
- William Whiskerson – Living and travelling on a canal boat Duration: 09:47 Canal
- William Whiskerson – how honey is made and collected Duration: 09:47 Bee Farm
- William Whiskerson – living in an eco-village Duration: 09:47 Eco Village