Jenny Eclair on the menopause: "we are all in the same old leaky boat"
Tracy Emin described the menopause as “a nightmare, an absolute nightmare. It makes you feel slightly dead”. Other women see the menopause as a liberating time and the beginning of a new life. But whatever your view, many see it as a taboo subject and find it hard to share the changes they are going through with their friends family and health professionals. Jenny Éclair, who is going through the menopause now and Jane Woyka, a GP and specialist in women’s health.
Available since: Tue 19 Mar 2013
This clip is from
Jane Garvey joins country music singers Little Big Town, and talks bereavement leave.
First broadcast: 19 Mar 2013
More clips from Woman's Hour
- Social Kissing Duration: 02:28 Women bishops; Schools and mental health; Parks; Social kissing
- Introverts and Extroverts Duration: 05:21 Caroline Criado-Perez, Laura Bates, Allegra McEvedy's perfect hangover food
- Cook the Perfect Pad Thai Noodles Duration: 09:50 Zoologist Lucy Cooke; Film Director Deborah Perkin; The perfect Pad Thai noodles.
- What is Empathy? Duration: 10:00 Keira Knightley; Lowering Cholesterol; Staying Sane
- Hillary Clinton: ‘I want to see a woman in the White House’ Duration: 00:43 Hillary Clinton