What do these guys do?
If you're getting involved in the music industry, you're going to come across a lot of people with slightly confusing titles. Everyone's heard of A&R, producers, engineers, promoters, agents, publishers - but what do they actually do? Find out from the people themselves.
- Watch 02:35Mercury Records' Mike Smith: managers are important
- Watch 02:57Mike Smith explains publishing to Zane Lowe
- Watch 03:24Explaining the A&R process from beginning to end
- Watch 03:501Xtra's Twin B - Breaking the music industry down
- Watch 00:52Publisher Mike McCormack - what does a publisher do?
- Watch 01:33Plugger Richard Jones - what does a plugger do?
- Watch 01:16Toddla T - What does an agent do?
- 01:04Toddla T's booking agent Naomi Palmer - what does a booking agent do?
- Watch 00:40Promoter Conal Dodds - what does a promoter do?
- Watch 01:04Fabric promoters - what does a promoter do?
- Watch 00:58Ash manager, Steve Taverner - what does a manager do?